For list of summer construction, click on link above.
Summer 2016, Access via Forest Park Parkway Bridge
From May 23rd to August 26th, 2016, construction on the Forest Park Parkway Bridge will modify pedestrian and cyclist accessibility to the north side of the Danforth Campus. During this period, the Bridge will remain open but due to construction, the pathway will terminate at Throop Drive. To maintain access to the Danforth Campus, a temporary staircase will be provided that connects the Bridge to Throop Drive, located below. From Throop Drive, users will follow a signed detour route for access onto the Danforth Campus Hilltop.
NOTE: the detour route contains a staircase. For those unable to negotiate stairs, please use Skinker Boulevard or Big Bend Boulevard to access campus by foot or bicycle.
- To access the Danforth Campus from the south: If approaching from Forest park [Skinker Boulevard and Forsyth Boulevard], travel west along the Forsyth Boulevard pedestrian and bicycle path, turn right onto Hoyt Drive continuing to the base of the Brookings Hall Steps. From the base of the steps turn left onto the paved signed route, up the slope towards the arched entrance and continue straight to the end of Crow Hall. Turn right between Crow Hall and Lopata Hall using either the stairs or ramp to travel down to Throop drive. At Throop drive turn left towards the FPP Bridge staircase connecting to the FPP Bridge.
- To access Danforth Campus from the north: Travel south across the Forest Park Parkway bridge, continue down the staircase and turn left at the base of the stairs onto Throop Drive. Follow the signed detour route along Throop Drive to enter campus between Urbauer Hall and Crow Hall.
- Road Closures: Throop Drive will be closed to all vehicular traffic from Hoyt Drive to the McMillen Laboratory starting May 23rd, 2016.
- Access to the Millbrook Garage: The Millbrook Garage will remain open with all entrances accessible from Throop Drive. Users can access the Millbrook Garage by turning onto Throop Drive from Forest Park Parkway. All vehicles will exit onto Throop Drive and exit via Forest Park Parkway.
- Access to the Olin School of Business & Anheuser-Busch Hall: To access these locations, turn onto Throop Drive from Forest Park Parkway. Alternatively, vehicles can turn onto Snow Way from Big Bend Boulevard and continue straight to the intersection of Throop Drive and Snow Way.
For assistance with special events, a week’s notice is essential. Closure schedule is subject to change without notice.